My goodness, I am so happy you're here!
I'm Christina Bacon, a joyful photographer based out of Kentucky. This passion of mine is something I've known I wanted to pursue since middle school. I've taken photos and made films every moment I could. Right out of college I began to wholeheartedly pursue MCB Photography & Film. I offer documenting weddings through photography & 35mm film along with documenting portraits for family heirlooms, or sweet love stories. I am, sadly, no longer offering wedding filmmaking (videography) for a limited time, although I have loved the films I've been able to create of love stories in the past.
Here is one of my favorite short films I’ve curated of my talented friend who is an artist; Olivia.
I graduated from Western Kentucky University with a film degree while minoring in history. I love intentionally documenting moments though a camera lens and adore deepening my knowledge of history. I mention that part of my heart because I believe history is one of the main reasons I love photography; it documents historical moments, whether that be for you and your family to hold on forever, or for other people to see and appreciate.
You might be fearful of your wedding or milestone not being captured uniquely & artistically with your story in mind. You might also be fearful that your moments may seem ingenuine.
Let me put your fears to rest with my desired mission: to joyfully capture moments in history of relationships and loved ones through photography & film. I want to invest my time with clients to learn more about them, so I can share their story authentically. My vision from this is that those I document, would know that there is Hope and see Light through my joy, and from that would be able to recognize the beauty in their unique story.
One thing that you must know about me is I am a follower of Jesus. My goal with this vessel of photography is to glorify Him above all, reminding others of Christ's covenant with believers, the Church, that is shown through marriage and points to the eternal marriage celebration in heaven. Your day will be a glimpse of that -- the truest of joys! That is the foundational reason why I hold such weight to documenting your wedding day.
Outside of MCB Photography & Film, here are a few more things about me: I love chocolate chip cookies, classical music, old films, being outside, historical documentaries and the world's multitude of cultures. I am inspired by the simpler times that involve sitting outside on picnic blankets, baskets, pretty classic books, stone cottages, porches to watch the day go by and all the nostalgia that comes along with it. In other words: I am an old soul. I’m obsessed with the movie Little Women and dressing in linen, corduroy, and turtlenecks while trying to figure out how to wear them in the summer. When I'm not editing and getting to know people, I'm with my friends being silly and talking in British accents, probably drinking tea, or trying to figure out how to do this crazy young adult life for the glory of God.
If I sound like the kind of artist you're looking for to capture your day, I cannot wait to meet you and hear more of your unique story.
My vision is that those I photograph or capture through film, would know that there is Hope & see Light through my joy, to better recognize the beauty in their unique story.
A few of my favorite things in photos:
- I laugh quite a bit.
- I traveled Europe for a semester while studying in England. It was there I fell in love with the painter Claude Monet, and deepened my love for history.
- But honestly don't get me started because I WILL talk about it for hours.
- As a result of above, I love drinking tea.
- I spent four months in Eastern France, spring of 2022. I learned more about independence but also dependence on the Lord, as well as His love for me that will only be the fuel for me to love others.
- Living in Bowling Green KY I have been gifted with some of the best community through my local church.
- I've worked at Pine Cove camp throughout college and have been blessed to witness so much life change in high schoolers and in myself.
- I am a enneagram type 4w3: I love to romanticize life and find joy in the mundane, while learning as much as I can (i.e. I adored listening to lectures in history classes, I could listen to you talk about a topic you are passionate about for a good while). I also struggle with saying no, and am a perfectionist knowing I can always learn more and grow to be better at this sweet gift.
- I want you to know that you are loved and have a purpose.
email | email@example.com
Kentucky & wherever else you want me!