My goodness, I am so happy you're here, I'm Christina Bacon.
I'm a joyful photographer & filmmaker based out of Kentucky. This passion of mine is something I've pursued ever since I had a DSLR camera, so basically since freshman year of high school. I've taken photos and made films every moment I could. Right out of college I began to wholeheartedly pursue MCB Photography & Film. I offer documenting your wedding through photography or creating a film of your wedding day along with any and all portraits. I love supporting non-profits through both photo and film while sharing other people's stories. Here is one of my favorite short films I’ve curated of my talented friend who is an artist; Olivia.
I graduated with a film degree and minored in history. I love intentionally creating artful pieces of cinema and adore deepening my knowledge of history. I mention that part of my heart because I believe history is one of the main reasons I love photography; it documents historical moments, whether that be for you and your family to hold on forever, or for other people to see and learn from.
You might be fearful of your wedding or milestone not being captured uniquely & artistically with your story in mind. You might also be fearful that your moments may seem ingenuine.
My mission is to joyfully capture moments in history of individuals and relationships through photography & filmmaking. I will pursue stewarding my time well with clients while learning more about them, so I can share their story authentically.
Let me put your fears to rest with this one truth; I desire to document this historical moment of yours, both authentically, and joyfully.
Outside of my MCB Photography & Film, here are a few things I want you to know about me. I am also a follower of Jesus and my goal with this business is to glorify Him, sharing joy, and reminding others of Christ's covenant with the Church that is represented through marriage. I love chocolate chip cookies, classical music, old films, being outside, historical documentaries and the world's multitude of cultures. I am inspired by the simpler times that involve sitting outside on picnic blankets, baskets, pretty classic books, stone cottages, porches to watch the day go by and all the nostalgia that comes along with it. In other words: I am an old soul. I’m obsessed with the movie Little Women and dressing in linen, corduroy, and turtlenecks while trying to figure out how to wear them in the summer. When I'm not editing and getting to know people, I'm with my friends being silly and talking in British accents, probably drinking tea, or trying to figure out how to do this crazy young adult life for the glory of God.
If I sound like the kind of artist you're looking for to capture your day, I cannot wait to meet you and hear more of your unique story.
My vision is that those I photograph or capture through film, would know that there is hope & see light through my joy, to better recognize the beauty in their unique story.
A few of my favorite things in photos:
- I laugh quite a bit.
- I traveled Europe for a semester while studying in England. It was there I fell in love with the painter Claude Monet, and deepened my love for history.
- But honestly don't get me started because I WILL talk about it for hours.
- As a result of above, I love drinking tea.
- Living in Bowling Green KY I have been gifted with some of the best community through my local church.
- I've worked at Pine Cove camp throughout college and have been blessed to witness so much life change in high schoolers, by the grace of the Lord.
- I am a enneagram type 4w3: I love to romanticize life and find joy in the mundane, while learning as much as I can (i.e. I adored listening to lectures in history classes, I could listen to you talk about a topic you are passionate about/know a ton about for a good while). I also struggle with saying no, and am a perfectionist knowing I can always learn more and grow to be better at this sweet gift.
- I want you to know that you are loved and have a purpose.
email | firstname.lastname@example.org
Kentucky & wherever else you want me!